Saturday, March 22, 2008

time crunch




It's summertime in the Philippines. Not only is it scorching hot, but it's impossibly humid too. I want to go out and bask in the sun, yet I don't want to get too dark. I am looking forward to planning some fun activities for the summer. My dearest hubby's bestowed that task on me since according to him, "I don't have the time." Which means that since he's the one who works full time, and I'm the one staying at home, I'm responsible for all the planning, budgeting, and list-making.

Funny how working 5 days a week, 10-12 hours a day can do this to a seemingly normal person. He couldn't wait for the weekend to come along, and when it finally rolls around, he realizes that he's still hasn't done anything much to maximize that pocket of time. He blames me if we forget to buy something in the supermarket and I blame him for making me forget stuff because he's always rushing me.

I used to be this way too, when I also was a call center agent, working the night shift. We start work at night and get off in the morning, so it's like we go to work twice a day. At the end of the week, my Saturdays were spent just for resting up or readjusting my body clock. By Sunday, I'll then have to think up of creative ways to squeeze in as many activities as I can, so as not to feel like I've wasted a minute of it.

It's not that I'm complaining about being jobless. Not too much anyway. I know that most people don't even have the option of quitting their jobs. But see, you can only be a bum for so long, until you feel like you're a useless good for nothing piece of crap.

No comments:

Google